Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Just couldn't stay away

Good morning all.  I trust this blog finds everybody hale and hearty.

 The chemo gods (they don't even rate a capital g) played a cruel trick on me and gave me a fever - that wouldn't go away.  It just kept coming and coming and coming.  Believe me folks with no armies in the fort (that's chemo-speak for no white blood cells) the enemy (infection) can rape, pillage and plunder to its heart content!  I found myself being raped and pillaged.  The pillaging wasn't so bad but I'll pass on the rape portion of the equation.  Yep the Vandals swept in from the north and had their way with me..

I was the proverbial fly on the wall as I lay there on the ER gurney and watched my beautiful wife dictate, direct and for all intense and purposes dominate the scared ER docs and nurses.  It was poetry in motion.  I've never loved her so deeply or so intehhat night.  She was firm but sincere.  Her expectation of ER performance was set higher then these people had ever even dreamed!  And she would have nothing less then top notch  care.  She was marvelous!!!

But the end result was I am stuck in this jail cell for another 3 days.  Waiting for the cultures to come back.  I think they take my blood, put it a petri dish and watch what grows.  I don't know, I guess they put it on a hot steamy radiator or something.  This is how they found a cure for polio.  Anyway, cultures are due back on Wednesday. We'll see what alien life form is growing in this temple I call my body!

Anyway I'm hoping for a Wed release so I can salvage some of my vacation time.  I start the BIG chemo treatments again next Monday.   I was hoping to ride the golf course with Luke on one of these pretty days.  While I'm on the topic of Luke.  What are he and Metcalf brewing up in Luke's kitchen??  The neighbors are beginning to wonder what kind of people moved into their neighborhood.  "Breaking Bad" right here in Louisville??????  Thanks Luke for stepping up to the plate with Thanksgiving.  Luke and Katie have taken on the task of feeding the Raque family on Thanksgiving.  I'll be here and Luke will join me in hell.  (Just kidding to all the Raques that are reading this.)  (It's the truth to all the non-Raques that are reading.)  Luke has grown into quite a young man!  A father couldn't be more proud!

For all you dense people that couldn't figure out my state::Storrington Court quiz from my last blog (and this goes for members of my family that pride themselves on being sharp and witty) do some research!!!  You all have a computer or you wouldn't be reading these words.

Go Cayuts!!!  Dare I even dream of a prefect season!!??!!

I'm done for now.  Keep fighting the good fight.  We'll talk again, Chemo-sabe.  Chemo Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment