Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11/5/2013

I’m back on “home recoup” time.  This is good time because I get to move around and I’m in friendly environs.  But it always starts pretty bad.  I still feel the residual of the chemo and my stomach is upside down constantly and I feel like I’ve been beat with a 20 oz. Louisville Slugger.  In about 4 or 5 days the chemo will be out of my system and I’ll be able to function like a quasi-normal human being.
I get to stay home until the 18th.  Then I’m back in for about 4 weeks.  It is a rerun of the first series of drugs.  All I’m doing right now is lowering my head and plowing through.  I’m tired of feeling this way – and I know this is only the beginning.  Thank God for Emily who sees it as her mission to work on my sense of humor, although she did humiliate me last week walking through the halls of the hospital.  I’ll never be able to show my bald head in public again. But that’s ok. I laughed.  That felt good.  I wonder what she has in store for me on Thanksgiving?
Quiz;  What do Alaska, Delaware, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and 8707 Storrington Court, Louisville, KY 40222, all have in common??????????????
I buried my nose in the Halloween candy basket.  Thanks Guetz!!!  I’ve always said you are an extra-ordinary young lady!
A special thanks to Philip and the beautiful people of Daviess County, KY.  After a particularly bad day I was right with you all on Saturday afternoon around 5.  I believe in the power of the unison voice!
I just finished trying to catch up on my e-mail.  Teachers sure love to talk!  I didn’t break the news to them that it’s not them I miss, it’s the kids.  I never realized how much I get from the students.  They give more then they get.
I’m tired.  It’s time I put it away.  I know its short today, but I’m getting chemo brain!  To illustrate how bad chemo brain is (believe me, it’s real), the other night Becky beat me at Jeopardy!!  And it wasn’t high school Jeopardy!  I’m a total wreck sometimes!  You guys stay cool. 

Signing off, your local chemo-sabe.  Chemo Bob.  High Ho Silver!

3 comments:

  1. Well Hey there stranger! Your resident favorite certified Redass here. That's half redneck half coonass for those of you who were wondering. I just wanted to give you a quick hello and let you know I am keeping you in my prayers. Now look, you know my past so don't expect the Big Guy upstairs to hear them immediately, but I can assure you they are heading your way. KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been having withdrawals Bob. The sound of a golf ball bouncing off the wall was so soothing, now I have nothing to calm me down after teaching some of these wild kids!!! I hope all is well and I have been keeping you in my thoughts. Keep posting on this blog, it helps me to know whats going on with you. Keep on fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr.Haire: I don't know exactly how this works or if you will see it... and you don't know me.... but my son Noah was in your History class. I just love what you said about missing the kids. I think they get way more from you than you realize. He doesn't even like History, but you are his favorite teacher and that was his favorite class. He bragged all the time about how interesting you are and how well you taught!! Get well soon so you can get back there and influence more kids for good. We will continue to pray for your healing, and whatever God has for you from this crazy trial! Kathy Enix

    ReplyDelete